The onset of labor cannot be predicted or guaranteed by any measure. Medical induction of labor is not effective for many women and is associated with a cascade of interventions that disrupt a woman’s ability to produce her own oxytocin. Oxytocin is the hormone that causes your uterus to contract. There are a number of techniques and activities that can help to move your body, and your baby, closer to birth by stimulating your body to produce its own oxytocin.
It was an intense, but very specific massage, some reflexology points, motion techniques and a really good heart-to-heart conversation. 2 hours in total. I went to bed a couple hours later and, sure enough, my labor started at 4 AM the next morning. Thank you, Saralynn, for your magic touch. -Mallory H.
What to Expect & How to Schedule
I recommend receiving at least one chiropractic treatment and two acupuncture treatments before booking your induction massage treatment; this will help to best prepare your body. I come to your home around sunset so we can capitalize on your body’s increased oxytocin production. It is best to have eaten prior to the treatment and have no plans or obligations after. I bring a massage table and special pregnancy pillows for your comfort. The treatment lasts about two hours but I work for as long as is necessary for you to release, relax, and move towards labor. Most women begin having regular contractions while on the table.
Cost of the treatment: $250
includes a small dram of clary sage essential oil for you to use after our session to continue to stimulate your body’s progress towards birth.
Induction Treatment Techniques
- Information & Emotional Support– At the beginning of the session I take time to learn about you and your pregnancy and answer any lingering questions or concerns you may have about labor or birth.
- Acupressure– to stimulate your channels that support release, hormone production, and opening of the hips to allow the baby to move down.
- Optimal Fetal Positioning Techniques– Theses are a series of positions I use with you on the table depending on your baby’s position in your womb. Birth happens easiest when baby begins labor with its spine on your left side. These techniques gently support your baby in moving on its own.
- Aromatherapy– to support hormone production and relaxation.
- Massage Therapy– supports your body in releasing stress and tension so you can labor without the distractions of tight or stiff muscles.
I am currently collecting data about the efficacy of this treatment. I will follow up with you through a text or email to learn about the effect of treatment. At this point between 60-70% of women I’ve treated are in active labor within 24 hours of receiving a treatment, about 40% of these women have had their baby within 24 hours. I offer follow up treatments for $150.